FF3 AND Chrome NOT WORK

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:21 PM

F.Y.I.

PLEASE HEELP!

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Personally I only use SharePoint in Internet Explore, so to be honnest I didn't test the application in other browser.

the project contains javascript, so the problem probally come from javascript incompatibility.

The sources is downloadable, I suggest you to have a look and adapt the javascript. Unfortunatly I can't do it for the moment.

Regards,

Ludovic

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:06 PM

You could get around this by using jquery.  The problem in Firefox and Chrome is with the window.onload = "initialize()";  window.onload seems to only be compatible with IE.  You could try the following:

1. After deploying the solution, locate the file at <drive>\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\GoogleMapsFieldControl.ascx
  2. Add a reference to the jquery library, for example: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
  3. Comment out window.onload = "initialize()";
  4. Locate the initialise() function and around it place this code: $(document).ready(   <initialise function code>   );

So it should look like:

$(document).ready(function initialize()
{       
     if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) 
     {            
          map = new Map2(document.getElementById("map_canvas"));
          //map.setCenter(new GLatLng(37.4419, -122.1419), 13);
          map.addControl(new GLargeMapControl());
          var mapControl = new GMapTypeControl();
          map.addControl(mapControl);
          geocoder = new GClientGeocoder();
          window.setTimeout('showAddress()', 500);